In this episode, my guest Mike Mcilory takes you on a journey from 1970’s Liverpool to the modern world at this present time. Mike spent his formative years growing up in the recession-hit city of Liverpool. We explore how his environment in the 70’s not only shaped Mike but became the underpinning principles to why he co-founded Liberas Solutions.
Mike’s team are now using their experience in the field of ERP to help organisations forecast, execute and monitor their net-zero carbon emission targets. Carbon accounting is a digital process that will enable organisations to become socially responsible.
WHAT CAN YOU LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE?
- Why the sustainable enterprise that focuses on people and planet will win in this new economy
- How the combination of people, fear and vulnerability can catalyse positive economic and climatic change
- The value of associates and your responsibility towards your professional network, your friends and your neighbours
- How organisations and competitors are working together to reduce their carbon footprint
- How young people and not government or business are influencing change to attitudes in the market
- How we can sustain this velocity of environmental change, which has been accelerated by the pandemic
- How carbon net-zero will drive a global contracting workforce and the benefits
“This pandemic feels like a reset, a greater power has turned the world on its side, found the factory reset button and stuck a pin in it.” – Mike
“Countries such as India have been recycling for centuries, out of necessity. Setting a standard that the globe has largely been ignoring.” – Bobby
“Young people have a better idea when it comes to politics, they are not cynical like us old hacks!” – Mike
“If you do argue around climate change you look a little bit deranged, you look like the crank now.” – Mike
“Our ways of working have to change, we have tactically changed how we work, but not the way in which we work.” – Bobby
RESOURCESLinkedIn Profile: Mike Mcilroy
Blog Post: The Value of Sustainability to Your Enterprise
Blog Post: Corporate Social Responsibility – Buzzwords or Strategic Value
Web Link: Transform to Net Zero
Web Link: Emitwise
Web Link: Vodafone’s sustainability story
Web Link: 500 plus B Corps Commit to Net Zero by 2030
EBOOK RELEASEIf you haven’t already, don’t forget to PRE-ORDER a FREE copy of my new eBook Top 5 Contracting Mistakes and How to Avoid Them.
My eBook is scheduled for release on 1st Sept 2020. All PRE-ORDER’S before this date will receive a series of BONUS material, where I will share two decades of hard learnt contract negotiation techniques and strategy.CHECK IN WITH BOBBY
Visit me at: bobbyjagdev.com
Follow me on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
JOIN MY MAILING LIST
Sign up to my mailing list and receive detailed show notes, the latest episodes and new articles direct to your inbox.
FEEDBACK AND FOLLOW
Thanks so much for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and rate and review on your favourite podcasting platform.