Matthew Dytkowski takes you into the world of Phreaking. A subculture of phone hacking enthusiasts who exploited loopholes in the telephony system. Matthew and his friends soon redirected this passion for networking and comms into establishing an accidental startup. They built and sold one of the first Internet Service Providers in Swiebodzin, Poland.
“Everyone knew each other, that network not only connected our computers but all of our families.”Matthew Dytkowski
Since relocating to the UK, Matthew is now using his passion for technology to design and build bespoke enterprise-class infrastructure for a diverse set of industries. In this episode, we are reminded of why edge/on-premise computing is still a highly active industry.
WHAT CAN YOU LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE?
- The motives behind one of the oldest forms of hacking and some of the methods used by Phreaking enthusiasts
- How a group of friends networked together a physical community and the mechanics behind how they supplied fibre internet access at a time when most people were still using dial-up modems
- An engineer’s view of bespoke enterprise appliance builds to support the movie industry, machine learning and prototyping to support advanced manufacturing
- Why and how on-premise computing is still at the heart of many business requirements
- A day in the life of Matthew and how Broadberry is uniquely positioned to – genuinely – harvest an intrapreneurial culture
Blessings and love,
“I want to show people value because I believe whenever you’re running a business, what you should be selling is not the product, but the solution to the problem.” – Matthew
“Let’s not forget, 80% of today’s worlds data is unstructured, so machine learning helps you structure the data and deliver an outcome.” – Matthew
RESOURCESLinkedIn Profile: Matthew Dytkowski
LinkedIn Post: Storage Spaces Direct – 1 Million IOPS Cluster
Web Link: Whatever Happened to the Phone Phreaks
Web Link: Broadberry Data Systems
EBOOK RELEASEMy next eBook is scheduled for release on 1st Dec 2020. PRE-ORDER your FREE copy of the Top 5 Cloud Migration Mistakes and How to Avoid Them.
All of my eBooks are available at bobbyjagdev.com/ebooks
This episode is sponsored by SIOS Technology Corp.
SIOS provides a wide range of High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for both Windows and Linux environments across physical/virtual on-premise and cloud/hybrid-cloud platforms. SIOS has a variety of purpose-built availability solutions to maintain system uptime, protect your business from local or regional failures and also manage planned maintenance windows with minimal or no business downtime. I recently hosted an expert webinar where I spoke about the mindset shift required for developing High Availability requirements in the cloud. The game has changed and the cloud is presenting a unique set of challenges.Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be happy to facilitate a personal introduction.
Visit SIOS at: go.bobbyjagdev.com/sios
Follow SIOS on social media: LinkedIn | Twitter