In this episode, my guest Mike Mcilory takes you on a journey from 1970’s Liverpool to the modern world at this present time. Mike spent his formative years growing up in the recession-hit city of Liverpool. We explore how his environment in the 70’s not only shaped Mike but became the underpinning principles to why he co-founded Liberas Solutions.
“This pandemic feels like a reset, a greater power has turned the world on its side, found the factory reset button and stuck a pin in it.”Mike Mcilroy
Mike’s team are now using their experience in the field of ERP to help organisations forecast, execute and monitor their net-zero carbon emission targets. Carbon accounting is a digital process that will enable organisations to become socially responsible.
WHAT CAN YOU LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE?
- Why the sustainable enterprise that focuses on people and planet will win in this new economy
- How the combination of people, fear and vulnerability can catalyse positive economic and climatic change
- The value of associates and your responsibility towards your professional network, your friends and your neighbours
- How organisations and competitors are working together to reduce their carbon footprint
- How young people and not government or business are influencing change to attitudes in the market
- How we can sustain this velocity of environmental change, which has been accelerated by the pandemic
- How carbon net-zero will drive a global contracting workforce and the benefits
Blessings and love,
“Countries such as India have been recycling for centuries, out of necessity. Setting a standard that the globe has largely been ignoring.” – Bobby
“Young people have a better idea when it comes to politics, they are not cynical like us old hacks!” – Mike
“If you do argue around climate change you look a little bit deranged, you look like the crank now.” – Mike
“Our ways of working have to change, we have tactically changed how we work, but not the way in which we work.” – Bobby
RESOURCESLinkedIn Profile: Mike Mcilroy
Blog Post: The Value of Sustainability to Your Enterprise
Blog Post: Corporate Social Responsibility – Buzzwords or Strategic Value
Web Link: Transform to Net Zero
Web Link: Emitwise
Web Link: Vodafone’s sustainability story
Web Link: 500 plus B Corps Commit to Net Zero by 2030
EBOOK RELEASEIf you haven’t already, don’t forget to PRE-ORDER a FREE copy of my new eBook Top 5 Contracting Mistakes and How to Avoid Them.
My eBook is scheduled for release on 1st Sept 2020. All PRE-ORDER’S before this date will receive a series of BONUS material, where I will share two decades of hard learnt contract negotiation techniques and strategy.
Pingback:11. Deconstructing a Difficult Conversation with Nicole Posner | Bobby Jagdev
Pingback:Episode 9 – Turning Ideas into Positive Impact with Mauro Cozzi | Bobby Jagdev
Pingback:Episode 8 – Going Green on Nuclear with Zion Lights | Bobby Jagdev
Pingback:Episode 7 – The Times They Are a-Changin’ with John Wallace | Bobby Jagdev